Saturday 12 December 2009

Pet Parrots


I have never been much of a bird person. I think either myself or one of my brothers or sisters probably owned a parakeet when I was younger. We definitely did not own a pet parrot. I know that one of my college buddies did own a pet parrot and and as I recall he was quite a character. I remember how intelligent that parrot was and I must say I was impressed how well my friend had trained his pet parrot. There was quite a commitment on the part of my friend, because the pet parrot required some care and my friend took his responsibility quite seriously.

If you are considering adopting a pet parrot, it is important to understand as much as possible before taking that step. You always hear people talk about responsibility when you adopt a dog or cat. If you have young children, you can’t expect them to be responsible for the pet parrot.

It is probably not a good idea to try to get that information from the seller unless you know them very well. There are people who breed parrots just like dogs. There is no American kennel club for pet parrots, so it is important to get your information from a reliable source so you can make an informed decision that is best for you and the pet parrot. Parrots are not inexpensive so the decision to adopt a pet parrot should be made with full knowledge of what to expect.

There is a good eBook on Pet parrots that you can find on my website.
Grab a copy of “You and Your Parrot” BEFORE you buy and you, too, will agree to spread the word that parrots make the perfect pet!
I am a Board Certified Ophthalmologist who has been in practice for 30 years. You are welcome to visit my website. If you have any problems finding what you are looking for, please use my Site Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment